Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So much done in so little time

Our weekend was pretty busy and had some fun times!

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Jimmy's grandmother passed away Dec. 27th. She was such a sweet woman and I'm so thankful we were able to spend a really great day with her the Tuesday before she passed. Jake was so loving with her that day also. On Saturday, the family had her memorial service up at Mount Charleston.



We had a great dinner with much of the family and celebrated her life. We released balloons with messages on them and honored her. So beautiful!

At the restaurant up there, there was an Indian statue that I wanted Jake to get a picture with and daddy got in there too!


Sunday, we got a lunch from 7-11 (they have the best hot dogs ever!) and headed to the park. It really was a fun day. It was quite windy though, so we had to wear our jackets. Jake to me looks like he should be up in Aspen skiing or a mountain climber haha!

This slide I think was by far his favorite. Once he climbed the gym to the top, he'd walk right over to it and go off. It was a little squiggly and one time after his foot stopped him on the side, it turned him and he went backwards! Hilarious but momma (me) was freaking out.


Patches joined in on the fun too! She's so funny.


Jake and daddy going through a tunnel while my skin crawled! haha


Jake was so funny on this rock! At first he was so scared to go up it, then by the end he made it to the top by himself (with dad as a spotter).

Makin' it to the bottom of a slide.

We played a lot in the grass to burn off energy. I brought one of Jake's xmas gifts... a little gun thing that shoots discs. Patches and Jake love running after them! HAHA


Because of the holiday, Jimmy got Monday off and that night we took a trip to Chuck E. Cheese with our friend, Jennifer, Nick, Emily and Jake T.
The kids had a great time though I wanted to smack around some kids and even their parents! RUDENESS!!!
Jake loved playing all the games!

We got all of them into a moving ride together but once it started to go wild Jake and Emily didn't like it at all! Jake's the drive... see? HAHA

Wak-A-Mole!

Our little fam! Don't mind Jake's bruise... I didn't do ANYTHING! HAHA Okay, he ran into the fridge door as I opened it. Sorry baby! Oh and my hair looks sick!

All the kids in the little playhouse/slide thing.
After playing games, Jake got some tickets and was able to get himself and his buddies a sucker! Score!!!!!
And as for me, last week I started working out really hard again. Jimmy and I also made kind of a meal plan... just planned out our meals for the entire month so we were prepared. We figure this will help us save money and also get a little healthier since we won't be getting fast food or whatever anymore. The meals are pretty good too and not the normal fast throw it in the microwave and scarf type food. So far I haven't lost any weight but I'm still going for it. Fingers are crossed that I see results fast. Oh! I've cut back on soda again too! ::pat on back::
One last update... I've been thinking about getting Jake and myself enrolled in some classes. Him to socialize and me to become sane more. HAHA Well starting in February, Jake will be taking an art class AND a Mommy and Me dance class and I will be talking a Zumba class at our local community center! I'm pretty excited and can't wait! Just a couple more weeks. They are all 6 week long classes and are one day a week for an hour. I also think after these classes are up, Jake will be enrolled in a gymnastics class. Wooo! Get out his energy. HAHA
Well until next time, have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Tyler just started gymnastics at Silver Mesa and he LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your sad loss.
    Great family pics again. Have fun at those classes. :0)

    ReplyDelete