Wednesday, June 9, 2010

May into June

Let's see if I can catch everyone up on what has been going on with us Belanger's since (and on) James' birthday.

Well, I must say Jake is one talented little bugger. Here is the present he made for his daddy for his birthday.


Okay, I admit, I helped him write everything out. :) For Jimmy's birthday, we went to a delicious dinner at Benihana's. He got pretty spoiled by Jake and I and all our families. Thanks to everyone. We love you all.

The next day, I had lasik eye surgery. I was so nervous, but now I'm thankful and happy to have it done. I was so hesitant to do the surgery for personal reasons but after talking to my mom, I was comfortable doing the surgery. I can now see 20/20. Wooohhooo!

The following Wednesday, for my Mother's Day gift, I got a "J" tattoo for my Jake on my back. I don't have a picture but it sure is beautiful and precious to me.

Then that weekend was Memorial Day. As we do every year, we went camping with my dad, step mom and other family members. This trip was a little... rough. Jake got beat up!

On day one, he fell off a picnic table bench, causing his teeth to split his bottom lip and it to swell and bruise. Day two, he was riding a little bike, it tipped over and then his teeth went through the top of his lip. By this point, it looked as though he had lip injections. Day three, he was running by the pool (as several of us were telling him to slow down) and he slipped, hitting his head on the pool deck. Along with all those big events, there were several trips and falls which caused bruises and scratches up and down his legs. He sure had a bad weekend and believe me, he milked it!

BUT other than those crazy moments, there were some fun times. I unfortunately didn't keep my camera out much. But Brock took a picture of us on a hike up one of the trails. So beautiful there.


Then we went down and had ice cream... where all the kids dog piled on Jimmy. At the last moment, after Jake freaked that daddy was getting hurt, he jumped on top.


The weekend was pretty fun and relaxing for the most part. But I don't know if Jake would have said the same.

This past weekend, we were able to celebrate my grandpa at his 80th birthday party!
He is such a sweet and generous man and we were honored to be there to celebrate with him. So much of the family was able to join. Here are a couple pictures of the family, though there are some repeats in the pictures, and MANY people were missing from these pictures. It just shows how many people's lives he has impacted.

Up at the mountain where the party was, Jake and Jimmy took a little four wheeler ride and I had to throw it in here. HAHA


So while our last couple weeks have been so busy, they have been so much fun! We have been able to spend some time with so much of our family. We are so happy and blessed we could do that.
And now that I have caught up again, I will try to do a better job at keeping up. I've decided to do a weekly post on Thursdays called "Thankful Thursdays". It will be highlighting people in my life whom I am thankful for. So keep an eye out. More random posts will be included also of course. HAHA
Until next time, have a good one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment