Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Bunny stopped by the Belanger house

I was really looking forward to Easter this year. It was Jake's first Easter and I just love that now I have a family of my own to enjoy these holidays and I get to see it from a parent's perspective. It's just an incredible turn of events that makes you appreciate the holidays and your family (mainly your parents) that much more.

We woke up Easter morning and opened our baskets. We let Patches go first because she was snooping through everything else and thought it would distract her. She got a stuffed animal lamb that Jake picked out, a doggy cookie and some tennis balls.


Then Jake's turn! He got several outfits, some swim outfits (trunks and a full piece suit for the boat), a couple movies, a stuffed animal elephant and a truck.



I got Marley and Me!!!!!! I'm so glad the "Easter Daddy" got the hint that I wanted that movie. HAHA Patches was really excited about the movie too!


And Jimmy was the final one to open his basket. He got some swim trunks, candy galore, a movie and some silly little toys.


The rest of the day was filled with me baking, Jake sleeping and Jimmy working in the yard. We then went over to Justin, Stephanie and Jayden's for dinner. It was delicious! We had ham, ribs, beef sandwiches, all the sides and desserts. The kids all opened gifts from Nana and PopPop. Jake got a basket from them with an outfit, a movie and treats as well as candy for mom and dad and another basket from Justin, Stephanie and Jayden with some toys and treats. Auntie Autumn got Jake a little bunny that chirps. He's pretty fascinated with it. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures from that night...

It was such a great day! And next year we can have our Easter Egg hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment