Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love me

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I am so excited. I have two Valentines this year, my sweet husband and my amazing son. YAY! Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Not because of the sparkly gifts and flowers & candy, but because it's a day specializing in letting the person you love know you love them. My favorite thing to receive is a heartfelt note/card from my hubby. Best gift ever I think!


I saw on a post on "All the weigh" (very inspiring woman writing that blog by the way) about lovable qualities in herself she did for Valentine's Day and I thought I'd take that on myself!

1) I can craft my butt off! I might get some inspiration from the Internet, but I think overall I'm pretty crafty.

2) I'm caring and kind. Even to a stranger, I will smile and say hello, ask how their day is, etc. Smiling goes a long way and I try to brighten someone's day a little.

3) I don't let most holidays pass by without sending love and gifts to people I love. And while it might be a little gift, I still like to let people know I'm thinking about them.

4) I have an awesome son who makes me an awesome mom! He comes to me for support, comfort, fun, food (haha) whatever and I know I can help him with whatever he needs. We have a bond that is so surreal (like I'm sure most mothers and children) but it makes me feel awesome!

5) I have applied myself to working out and have really stuck to it for a month. I've been dedicated (though whiny at times) and gotten a lot further. I have been able to push myself!

6) I have beautiful eyes! I really do love my eyes.

7) I have, after some struggle, become a pretty damn good housewife! I cook almost every night, including a vegetable! And my house stays clean... maybe cluttered with toys but hey! A 1 year old lives here! haha

8) I'm a great wife! I am supportive, understanding and madly in love with my husband.

9) I listen to my friends and try my best to help, not judge or give my opinion if asked. I try to be there for my friends no matter what.

10) I am extremely open-minded, at least I think! Almost any topic, I can see and understand all different views, even if it is not what I want in my life.

11) I have some funny passions that I love to talk about but hey! It's me! (A few of you might know what I'm talking about here... others, I'm not sure. Just know I wanted to be a "specific" psychologist when I grew up haha)

12) I'm really starting to like to person, wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend I am and will become. For me, that's huge.

So, there ya go. A couple of things I love about myself. Tomorrow will be another LOVE blog so be prepared.

Until next time, have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea!! I wanna copy it on my blog! It's great to be able to list things you love about yourself. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrie! I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Erin and I used to be a friend of your brother's back in high school (a LOOOOONG time ago!). I saw the link to your blog on Amanda Cox's blog and your little family is so cute! Congratulations on your little one. I have a little one just a few months older than your son and another on the way. We're always doing active things (I'm a stay-at-home mom too) so if you'd like to join us one of these days, you're more than welcome. And I like this post...us moms need to focus on how awesome we are more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to count your Blessings. :0)

    ReplyDelete