Sunday, February 14, 2010

My valentine

I was reading my cousin's blog and she had a brilliant idea of posting a blog about her and her valentine (her hubby); how they met, got engaged, etc. So for this wonderful holiday I thought I'd do the same!
"Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, LOVE gives us a fairy tale."

Jimmy and I have known each other for a very long time. I met him when I was in 6th grade, he was a freshman in high school and became best friends with my brother. I never thought of him as anything more than my brother's friend.
Nothing ever happened and I never thought about Jimmy that way ever until the day he asked me out. Even a year before he did, he was best man at my brother's wedding...

And I was the maid of honor.
Sometime the night of their wedding, Jimmy and I were paired up to dance and he made a comment to Brock "Look! I can still be in your family!" I had a big eye roll after that comment.
Throughout the next couple of months, Jimmy was deployed with the Air Force and he was no where in my thoughts besides the occasional "Jimmy's in Iraq" from Alicia, my sister in law, during a class we took together. Upon his return, he stopped by my parent's house to say hello. He was pretty close when them being that he knew them for about 5 or 6 years at that point. My mom tried bargaining with me to ask him out to dinner, $100 I think it was! I was quick to say no. Hello!?! My brother's best friend. I don't think so!
Then after several other awkward encounters and still no thought in my mind for anything to happen, I get a phone call from him asking me on our first official date.
A short 8 months later, I moved in with him and we started throwing fun parties.

He came with me to company parties.

We started getting a little too comfy and crazy with each other.
Starting participating in each other's hobbies.
And he even took family pictures with my family.
Three years later, during a vacation to Florida, he proposed. And let me tell you, it's a hilarious story, from the airport to the actual proposal day. Airport security was involved, I almost caused jimmy to fall into water during a canoeing trip (ring in his pocket) AFTER he had us go so far in the other/wrong direction. Geez! It's a story for another time really. But once on the beach and at sunset, he got down on a knee.


We were married 11 months later on Nov. 11, 2006

And we survived the first year! Though he tried to bully me out of the shot!


Almost two years later, we had our wonderful little man, Jake!


And though it hasn't always been easy or perfect, we are still going strong with our amazing little family and good times, memories and so much love.


So Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you got to share it with someone/something you love! As long as you had a great day.
Until next time, have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you're family is so cute!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) What a great post!

    That was a really fun recap! :)

    You know what I HAVE to say ---your collarbone is AMAZING in your wedding photos! haha! JEALOUS!

    You guys look so young in some of those pictures! haha.

    Jimmy had his eye on you the WHOLE time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another days work as the resident Cupid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't get to take all of the credit Brock, I had a little hand in it as well. I love you all soooo much. SMOOCHES to my little sweet grandson!!! xoxoxoxo mama

    ReplyDelete