Friday, August 7, 2009

This, that and the other

Jake doesn't eat. It's driving me crazy. The end.

HAHA okay, really. I need help, or advice, or someone to just listen because right now as a parent, I have NO idea what to do.

I am trying desperately to get Jake off baby food... completely! He still gets yogurt and applesauce, but I don't consider those baby food. For the past couple days now, I have tried to feed Jake what we are having for dinner. He wants nothing to do with it. He tastes it, spits it out and throws the rest of it on the floor, sometimes chucking it across the room. Lunches he is doing a little better with but still not to the standard that I hope for. I know that he will not let himself starve, but what do I do? He still gets his milk... is that enough? He doesn't get snacks if he doesn't eat well and I usually don't give him anything other than what is being served for dinner. I'm not going to start making 5 different dinners just so he'll eat a bite of each. Is it his teeth? Does he not have a big appetite? Damn, parenting is difficult sometimes. So anyone, please weigh in on this.

On a much more exciting note, this week has presented itself with some awesome shopping experiences. I received coupons in the mail for Babies R Us which could be used for car seats. Since that is what we are buying Jake for his birthday, I figured it would be a perfect time to go get the car seats and save some moola! In the coupon pack, there was a 15% off any car seat and a 15% off any item in the store. So we go, pick out our car seats and one is $160 that reclines and is rated highly. The other is $60 (for our back-up car seat) and was rated highly but didn't have as many features. We also got some baby shower gifts and Jake needed some new sippy cups. I noticed there was a coupon for the cups as well; buy one, get one 50% off. We get to the counter to check out, give her all my coupons and she asks if I want to sign up for a B.R.U credit card and I could save an additional 20% if approved today. Sure, why not give it a try. APPROVED! Sweet! So after all was said and done, two car seats, baby shower gifts and cups later, we spent under $200 because... I save $66!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!

THEN I went to Michael's yesterday to pick up something and had no intention of getting anything for Jake's party (I'm making all the decorations). Since I'm in the most amazing store ever, I decide to go down the clearance aisle because it was right next to the item I needed. I look down and there are these huge bags with 100s of pipe cleaners, googly eyes, pompoms and all that stuff for $4! Yes, stuff that would probably cost at least $30 are only $4! And the idea for the party hats pops into my head so I have to get them. Then there was a lady in the aisle looking for some scrapbooking paper book and finds it, then proceeds to tell me how cute the book it. I look at another copy of it and what does it have in it? Paper that I have been looking high and low for to help with the party decorations! And it was on clearance! Fate, I tell you! I was seriously freaking out about a couple things for Jake's party and those two items just sealed all the necessary items I need to get all my projects for his party done. I am so excited.

Well I'm off to bed now. Sleep sweet my reader friends and all you fellow bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. Tyler was the same when I tried to feed him regular food :-) He sometimes still is super picky. I think the trick is just continually offering him what you make. Sooner or later he'll eat it. If you're too worried, just check with your pediatrician but I think if you use the applesauce and yogurt and intermix them in meals then you should be ok. You can also try to get creative and mash up peas or green beans and stuff into his applesauce and fruit in the yogurt. Oh, and he's probably thinking that throwing food is a game and is testing you :-) Fun times. Just stay consistent and you should be good.

    BTW, great deals at Babies R Us! Neato! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a big issue of it & it'll become a big issue, so just keep on doing what you're doing & clean up the messes as if it's all normal. So long as he's not losing weight he's doing just fine. :0) My DS is now a strapping 23 year old fridge hoover who not only loves eating but loves cooking too! LOL :0)
    Sweet bargains. Hope you'll show pics of all the things you'll be making for the party. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery did the same thing when I was trying to switch her to food! She still does every now and then when she isn't feeling good. I always stress about it, but if they're hungry- they'll eat! She loves fruit right now, so sometimes if she isn't feeling what I made for dinner I give her some fruit to get her started, then I kinda sneak in the real dinner... It's worth a try! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete