Monday, August 24, 2009

2 for the price of o.n.e...

I figured I should do a quick update. Not a whole lot has been going on. I have been working my butt off trying to get all the decorations for Jake's party together. I just have a couple more things to do. BUT today, I was trying to find some of the items and ::POOF:: they are gone. Where are they? Being that my house has been slightly neglected lately, they could be anywhere. That drives me nuts though because I know I put them in this special box and they are no longer there. Did lil man get a hold of them? Am I going to find them wrapped in a blanket, under the couch, covered in a pile of toys? WHO knows. Not I! So please, wish me luck in finding them as I do not want to re-do them.

Also, Jake has been doing sooooo good with walking. I got another video.




He's getting so big.

Jake has been so attached to his Daddy lately (nice little break from momma hehe). He follows him around, wants to be with him, barks at the dogs with him, and pretty much will ignore me at times. Too cute.


Well like I said, nothing too interesting has been going on. So sorry for the short and not too entertaining post. HAHA Until next time, have a good day!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So the first half of this was done Thursday I believe and I couldn't find the video so I had to postpone publishing it... but now I have a little bit of updates.

Yesterday was the last day I breastfed Jake. And honestly, I'm a little sad. In the long run, it will help because he might not be as attached to me. Initially, I didn't want to breastfeed at all! Not even a little. Then my aunt said to try it, just for a month! Just make the chances of him getting RSV less and after that month, you can quit. So I did as she asked. At first, it was a little hard. My baby was jaundice, yellow as a banana! NO joke... here is a picture.




He even had to be a glow worm for a little minute, using a bili-blanket to get better. Too cute, though under bad circumstances.





The doctor was discouraging... "You should have supplemented"... I was told not to supplement, my milk had JUST come in. And OMG, did it ever come in. I have thought about getting a boob job before... but I had NEVER pictured myself with boobs that big. They got HUGE! HAHA And sore. But after pumping and getting my little boy back to normal human color, we got a handle on the situation and my little man was drinkin' milk with the best of them. The month past, and I figured "I'll just get him through the winter and RSV really won't creep up on him." Out of the winter I thought "Okay, just to 6 months" then "Okay, a year!" But with recent activity of him wanting to be surgically attached to me so I wouldn't be out of his sight, I figured it was a good time to stop. And he has done brilliantly throughout the change. Me? Not as great. Mainly just sad... no more of that special bond. BUT I have come to realize, there will be so many different and exciting ways for us to bond, memories that I will cherish and moments that will help my sadness. Every day is a moment for me if I can be his Momma.



I finished all but 2 things for Jake's birthday. I'm so happy how they turned out. Better than I imagined, which for me is HUGE. I get really down on myself if something turns out different than I wanted it too. But that is life, and I'm slowly trying to get use to that. HAHA



On a personal update... I have still been neglecting myself with no working out and not a very good diet. Last night at 11 pm (LATE and after dinner) I weighed myself on Wii and was beyond disappointed when I saw I had gained... more than I had expected. I'm really sick of the whole weight crap... Why is it such a big deal? I know it is ONLY in my head, but sometimes I think I am so much MORE happy around Jake because I know he loves me no matter what because he doesn't know what fat, skinny, tall, short, appearance BS is. I feel secure around him more so than anyone else. Weird! I was thinking about that last night in bed and thought "This ISN'T good. Be happy, feel good! People love you! Your husband, son, mom, dad, sister, brother, friends, family... they ALL LOVE you!" So I relaxed and went to sleep. Then this morning, I re-weighed myself and actually didn't gain as much as Wii wanted me to believe I did last night. So I got a little hip in my step and started to clean my much neglected house. Life is finally starting to become un-crazy, un-cluttered, and normal again. Phew! HAHA

Well until next time, Have a good day!

5 comments:

  1. A clean and uncluttered house always makes me feel good!! So does a good haircut! lol.

    You are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are. Stay positive and stay strong. Don't get down on yourself. Just keep trying and doing what makes you FEEL good and everything will fall into place. :)

    Jakey is getting SO BIG! I can't believe it. He's taking such good steps now! I can't wait to see him.

    It's nice to hear that he's getting a little more attached to Jimmy, too. He will start getting more comfortable with you out of his sight!

    Did you find the decorations yet!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right we all love you no matter what you look like or weight etc.! You are beautiful to all who love and care about you.

    Weigh when you get up in the morning before you eat anything that is the best time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's doing so good with walking!! It's even more fun from here on out if you can imagine!! I couldn't nurse AT ALL with either of mine, because of the boob job, bummer! I felt like I was totally missing out on a bond too, and I'm sure I was. But I've bonded with them in so many other ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrie. You are so incredibly gorgeous. And soo genorous (spelled wrong) and my best friend in this whole world. I have no clue what i would do with out you. I know that i can always come to you for advice or just to chat. You are amazing. And I just wanted you to know that I love you no matter what. And to me you are beautiful. I love you with all of my heart. Xoxoxo
    Your sister,
    Madison.

    p.s. jake is sooo cute. tell him good job from his auntie and give him a kiss on the head and tell him i love him. same to everyone else. patch and brodie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww look at my sweet grandbaby. I can't wait to see him. O.K. now let me work on you a little bit. First and foremost, LOVE doesn't have a size, height, shape, look, etc.,etc., monitor. I couldn't love anyone more than I love my children. You are an incredible, giving, caring, beautiful woman. If you could give me just one gift, it would be to see yourself as I see you. I am amazed by you and am so proud and blessed that you are my daughter. I love you with all my heart. mama

    ReplyDelete