Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cali-Forn-I-A

This past weekend, Jimmy and I went on a much needed vacation. Jake stayed with Nana and PopPop. We have never gone on a vacation where it was just us. We always went to visit someone or with others. It was nice! I was really freaking out before I left about not taking Jake, because it was going to be the first time he was sleeping somewhere over night without me. But Crystal said he did great. YAY!
After dropping Jake off, we drove to our hotel... the Holiday Inn in Fullerton, CA. It was a nice little hotel with a big jacuzzi tub inside the room and a king size bed, I think our favorite feature. HAHA We have a queen, so a bigger bed is always nice so we can both stretch out.

Saturday, we slept in and because room service wasn't servicing anymore, we went to Denny's. Yummy breakfast.

Then we got ready and headed to go find some shops. We went to Newport Beach. Ya know, there are not a lot of shops down there... for souvenirs and what not. I thought there would be a ton like in Florida, I was wrong. So instead we just walked for what felt like 30 miles, stopping to take a couple pictures.

Then it was off to the game!!!! We went to an Angels game.. they were playing the A's. It was by far the best part of the trip. I absolutely loved it. The Angels are the only team I really pay attention too so to actually go and see where they play was such a fun experience.
There was a beautiful memorial site for Nick Adenhart, the pitcher for the Angels that passed away earlier this year.

We spent about a million dollars in the gift shop and food, but it was fun!

We sang "Take me out to the ball game"

AND I got to take a ton of pictures of Mike Napoli, the catcher who is a STUD! I even got a Napoli T-shirt! WOOOO!!!!

After the game, we hit Denny's again. Because of an additional breaded piece, I turned an onion ring into the peace sign. HAHA

We then had the post-game party back in our room with malibu and Killians.

Sunday, we went to Laguna Beach. TOTALLY not what I had expected. I think Florida beaches spoiled me. They are SOO different. We still had fun though.
We put our feet in the sand, played in the water and I fell in the water! Yes! Me! Can you believe it?! HAHA I know, I might be the clumsiest person alive. The waves were coming in like crazy and so avoid being crushed by the wave, I tried to jump over it and ::BAM:: I went down. Jimmy laughed. Jerk! HAHA but it was all fun.


After about an hour at the beach, we had to head home. I got really good at reading the maps. YAY Go me!


So there ya go. A glimpse into our vacation. It was so much fun but I'm happy to be home with my lil man and hubby. Back to normal life again.

1 comment:

  1. heyy, your cali tripped looked way fun.. i thought i would comment you and see how everything was going and hope all is well. i hope to see you guys soon..
    love always Jessi

    ReplyDelete