Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July, 2010

Remember this picture. This is how 4th of July started off.... Sweet sweet boy of mine.


For the 4th, we headed over to Jimmy's grandparent's house. We made some pulled pork sandwiches with fruit, pasta salad, beans and some yummy desserts. Everyone was swimming and have a great time! Once Jake calmed down in the pool, he was playing with Jayden and trying to get the balls in the other raft. (PS. can you see Steph and how pregnant she is? Baby Dylan will be here next week!!)


My cute boys had a great time! And Jake's getting the "cheese" smile for pictures down finally. After playing in the pool then getting dressed, Jake decided to get soaked by splashing himself then throwing balls back and forth with daddy who was in the pool.


Stephanie and Jayden made a "parade" wagon (super cute!) so we took the boys around the block in it.


And then this was the rest of our night (refer to previous picture of day haha). Jake HATED the fireworks. He would scream and shake the entire time. I laugh at this picture but really he was quite terrified so I felt pretty bad. He sat inside for the rest of the night with Jimmy as the rest of the family lit fireworks.

I'm hoping next year will be a bit more fun for him. During the day he seemed to have a pretty good time but by night, not so much. I was feeling kind of down too that day, hence no pictures of me. But really, the day was fun! I really love fireworks, so I tried to enjoy as much as I could while my poor kid was inside with dad and sports center.
Kids make life entertaining every second. :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun that he's learning to smile AT the camera! Kids are amazing. :)

    I love the holiday wagon. Steph is way too clever/crafty, haha.

    Poor little man and those tears! Hopefully NEXT 4th is MUCH better! <3

    ReplyDelete