Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday this week is more on a very personal, self side. This week, I'm very thankful to be a woman. And extremely thankful for Bean.

Now I'm sure you are wondering who Bean is. Well, Bean is Jimmy and my baby that I am currently cooking up in my uterus right now. Yes, Jake is going to be a big brother!


And the reason being the name Bean? Well when we found out I was pregnant with Jake, I read that at that moment he was the size of a piece of rice so that became his nickname until after we figured out his gender and then decided on a name. So this baby is Bean.

Now the reason I am so happy to be a woman is because I get to be the mother to this baby. I get to be the one to support and nurture and protect and grow this baby prior to birth and continue doing so after birth. I am the one who gets to definitely know this baby before anyone else, his/her moods, likes and dislikes, active times and everything else. All before he/she is born. I am the one who is gladly and luckily changing my body to ensure this baby can grow hopefully healthy and strong. Women are very lucky people. Women get to be mothers and that is honestly the greatest gift ever. Women are strong and courageous people with hearts bigger than the universe.

Bean, I am very thankful for Bean. Bean is currently 7 weeks and 4 days, due Feb. 27, 2011 and should be doubling in size this week (soon to be the size of a pinto bean! haha). There will be many more posts about the pregnancy. And I'm sure more of them will be ranting than anything because for some reason, I'm much more scared for this pregnancy and baby than I was with Jake.

Bean already has me on my toes. There was some bleeding early on, but the doctors have told me everything is fine and we have even gotten to hear the beautiful heartbeat. I have also been much more moody and emotional this pregnancy, with exhaustion always around and usually not craving sweets during certain times of day. But what I am craving... garlic!

It is going to be an adventure for our family in the next 7 months. So keep posted here for many more blogs about Bean, Jake, and us throughout our journey, waiting for our newest family member.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats to the Belanger fam. We already know you and Jimmy are fabulous parents and soon we will find out how much fun Jakey will be as a big brother.

    Being a woman is a beautiful thing, especially when you look at it that way. :)

    Don't be scared. Stay relaxed and cool and enjoy your garlic.

    Love you, bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. What if your water breaks as I'm walking down the aisle!? hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrie:
    I've watched you grow into the fabulous woman and mother that you have become and I'm so proud of you. You've found your life's work right under your nose and seem so happy. Keep up the good work and grow a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again Adrie!! I'm so pumped for you guys. I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely understand you being more nervous with this pregnancy! Our little one will be here in a week and I am scared to death. It was definitely better going into things completely naive the first time around, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete