Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday- Sis!

This week's "Thankful Thursday" I'm going to take a different approach a little and focus just on one individual. And this person is seriously one of the greatest people you will ever meet.
I am so beyond thankful for my amazing sister!

Isn't she just beautiful!?!! Madison and I are 10 years apart. And honestly, she is one of my very, very best friends. I'm pretty sure she knows more about me than anyone and I trust her whole-heartily. She's such a loyal and trustworthy person. Even with our age difference, we are closer than most sisters and would, in a heartbeat, be there for each other. I have a great amount of respect for her. And even after I'm a brat to her, because let's face it, sisters can be, she still loves me and holds no grudge against me ever.

And though I'm the angelic one most of the time (notice the picture below, my halo haha) she is still such a sweetheart. She is so thoughtful and expresses it all the time. I love getting letters and notes with pictures from her.

She is also one of my favorite people to be around. She doesn't judge people or make anyone feel uncomfortable. We always have the best time and I laugh with her more than anyone else. We can be ourselves all the time, even if that self is slightly immature at times. Believe me, we have MANY immature fun times.

Madison is also hilarious! She has this humor talent that I wish I could steal, just for a night! She cracks me up all the time. We have more inside jokes than I can count and most of them I know where and how they originated. We have a special "sister" language and I'm sure together can drive so many people crazy.
She is also a great aunt. Jake LOVES having Auntie Mannie around. She's so good playing with him and knowing how to calm him down. And is a life-saver when I need a break and she's visiting! Last time she visited then left, Jake walked around the house for 2 days calling "Mannie! Mannie!" He sure does love her.

So basically, I am thankful to have the most awesome, kind, sweet, gorgeous, snotty, outgoing, funny sister ever! Yes, I'm stating that my sister is cooler than your sister! Haha.

Madison, I love you so much! You are my best friend and so much more. Thank you for always being you and always standing by my side. You rock! :)

"It's in the way you love
It's in the little things you say
It's in the way you live
And give your heart away
It's in the chance you took
It's in the way you look at me
That sets you a world apart
And makes you who you are
And you are beautiful"

No comments:

Post a Comment