Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sinful Sunday make up for Thankful Thursday

So I totally forgot to do "Thankful Thursday" this week. Been kind of a crazy week. But anywho... I guess I will do it now.

I'm very thankful for my big brother, Brock.


Growing up, anyone who knew us, knew we didn't get along at all! I think we fought more than anything else. I'm sure my parents heard me crying or screaming 80% of my childhood and Brock has scars from my scratching to prove it. And when I had to write a paper about my "hero" and I chose my brother, I made my mom swear to secrecy she wouldn't let him know. Years later I did show him the paper, and he knew!

I think around high school is when most of the fighting stopped. We sort of went our separate ways, grew up and started living our own lives. When Brock was a senior I was a freshman and always was referred to as "Brock's little sister". I HATED it.

But there was one good thing that happened with him being at that school. One time a boy was spreading rumors and Brock came to my rescue. No one really started anything after that. And for years after he left, everyone still knew who he was and that I was his sister.

He then got married and moved out. And since I started dating his best friend, we started to hang out more too. I think in that time, I really startedto see and understand my brother. He's very reserved with his feelings and we don't say "I love you" a lot, but I know he does love me. Still I'm a girl and sometimes wonder if he thinks I'm just some annoyance.

The other day I was having some difficulties and got a very sweet, out of the blue text from him. He was very sincere and it honestly was the highlight of my week. I even told Jimmy right away with tears in my eyes.

My big brother is truly an inspiration to me. His dream is to become a college volleyball coach and I pray and hope that someone will give him a chance and take him on as part of the team. I know he will be the most amazing teacher and coach to those players. He just needs someone to give him a shot. He always works so hard for his family. I hope he knows he does deserve the dream and to be happy. He shouldn't settle. He's an amazing father, husband, son, uncle and brother. He needs to know that. Oh, and one hell of a fisherman!


So Brock, thank you for being the amazing man you are. I appreciate you so much and love you tons. You do deserve it all and will get it! Just don't give up.

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice post! I love the part about you writing a paper about your hero but keeping it a secret...funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a cute post!!! Good old Boppy! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete