Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lake time!

In February, the weather was just perfect! SO we were lucky enough to be able to get the boat out for the first time this year. No swimming or anything, but cruising! SOOO fun and relaxing. Just amazing. And we were lucky the boat ran as good as it did... because... the night before as jimmy and I were getting it ready... I ran the boat... into... the... gate! :( Thinking back on it, it was hilarious BUT I almost started to bawl! So embarrassed. The boat was fine but the gate... needs a little help now.

Anyway, Jake had a blast. He snuggled into me while driving. He hates his life jacket and to avoid him from screaming, he sits in my lap and we 'nuggle. So fun!



Then since he knew I was taking pictures of him, he decided to point the camera at daddy... and this is the shot he got.

Then I asked if I could take a picture of him... and he did this.
Imitating daddy!!!!!!!!! HAHA I almost cry laughing when I see these two pics. HAHAHA He serious WOULD NOT look at the camera and is looking away almost exactly how Jimmy is.

Once we stopped to just hang out on the lake, we were able to take pictures with our lil man.


Then a sea gull came by and another... and another! By the time we were able to leave, there were 7 sea gulls surrounding us.
We were throwing crackers (to attract them obviously) and this picture just cracks me up. See the goldfish? The birds were seriously THISCLOSE to the boat. We could have handed them the crackers had I not been so scared.


We then had lunch at the Marine Restaurant and finished the crackers by feeding more ducks and fish. Jake LOVED it.
It was so great and I can't wait to get out there again. Go away for ONE weekend, Rain! Then come back during the week. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment