Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Scaaaary!

This afternoon there was an interesting surprise in front of our house. I was in the back of the house and heard my dog start to freak out, so Jake and I came to the front of the house and I heard a lot of commotion going on. I looked out front and there was a car smoking. Our neighbors were throwing water and God knows what else on it and the smoke just intensified. In my panic, I put Jake on the floor and grab the phone to call 911. They asked if I lived on the street and said they were on their way and just then a cop comes by, talking to my neighbors, saying "Stop throwing stuff on the fire. The gas tank will blow." Of course by this point, I'm FREAKING out! I have my baby RIGHT here! OH! And my windows are open. But I calm down enough to call my husband to let him know the fire trucks on the street were not for us, though they were in front of the house. He laughs! WHAT?!?!?! Then I called my mom, who talked me into taking pictures. I was SOOO scared that it was illegal that I took the first couple from behind out back gate. That is Jimmy's truck! See how close!!!




Fire was out by then so no cool flame pictures. Later I got brave enough to take a picture out front while the tow truck guy was cleaning everything up. I also got a picture of the cop car in front of our house. HAHA





Jake was interested in what was going on outside...




In the midst of all the action, and with the camera out... Jake and I decided we would take pictures of us since we haven't had any fun photo time. Here are a couple of those shots.



OH! On another note, I did finish the scrapbook frame of Jake for our wall! It turned out pretty good! YAY!






1 comment:

  1. Um.. first... THAT IS SCARY!!! A FREAKIN CAR ON FIRE??? ANd second... that 2nd pic of you and Jake NEEDS to be your new defaut... NOW.

    ReplyDelete